Sunday, September 5, 2010

Visitors

Yesterday my mom and nephew, "A", came up to visit.  We were hoping to go to the zoo, but it was full!  I guess everyone else had the same idea.  "A" wasn't too disappointed.  I think when we said "zoo," he thought we were talking about my house!

It was beautiful out, so instead we walked along the canal and went to the Rib America Festival.  Yum.  "A" played a couple of games, and won prizes with each game, including a sword!

We came back to my house where Dan showed "A" his real swords.  No worries Mom, "A" stayed across the room.  We also took Daisy and Penny down to our "lake" to show off Daisy's swimming skills.  Unfortunately, Daisy is moody and did not feel like swimming.  But, "A" needed no convincing.  He went swimming and proceeded to play fetch with himself all the way around the pond.  Daisy life guarded, I guess.  Afterwards, everyone got a bath.

Its been a while since I spent an entire day with a 6 year old.  I sure do wish I had his energy!  We had a lot of fun and were still able to enjoy the beautiful day!  Plus, I got a good work out in just trying to keep up.

When they left, Mom took Sierra home with her.  She's lonely with Dad gone, and I think she needs someone to spoil with everyone moved out.  Sierra has always loved Mom, and I'm sure will love to have a house to herself.  We'll see if Dad will let the furry roommate stay when he gets back into town.

No comments:

Post a Comment