Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Talented Friends – Boudoir Photo Shoot

This past weekend, I participated in a Boudoir Marathon and got some bedroom photos done for my husband. I know, I know. First thought is What? Why? But stop and think for a minute.

When was the last time you looked in the mirror and saw the whole picture. Not looking at your skin and wishing it clearer, firmer, or more even. Not looking at your stomach or your thighs and wishing they were smaller and more firm. When did you stop and look at how beautiful you are?

For me, it had been a while. I mean, I don’t even have a full length mirror anymore. That went away when the extra 15lbs joined the party. This photo shoot not only opened lines of communication between me and my hubby about our likes and dislikes, but we had a lot of fun picking out the outfits. This was a great way to see how my body has changed since I started running at the beginning of the year (good bye fat, hello sculpted thighs and 2 pack abs!).

My two very talented friends Mandy Leonards and Megan Alexis held the event. They rented a room at the Conrad with the help of Amanda Coffey (Social Catering Sales Manager for Conrad). It was a very nice bedroom, and a great bathroom with plenty of room for Megan to work. Megan did a great job of calming me down and making me feel beautiful and comfortable. Mandy is very discrete and worked only with what I was comfortable with. She makes me feel fabulous and had me laughing and enjoying myself in no time! The whole session I felt relaxed, beautiful, and it was a blast! I loved my sneak peek and Dan can’t wait to pick out his favorites for his book.

If you’re getting married, have an anniversary, or just want a way to spice things up a bit, I strongly recommend giving Mandy and Megan a call!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shoutout! that shot is awesome! one of my online friends said, "who is in that silhouette shot? I hate her" HEHE! and I know you don't know her but she meant that in the most loving and complimentary way. ;) you look GORGEOUS and I have no idea what these 15lbs you are talking about are. seriously, supermodel material! I mean, did you SEE your pictures?!?! ;) H-O-T!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Megan. Thanks! The 15lbs were after the wedding/moving/christmas binging! I've slimmed down mostly because of this running. But now that this shoot is over its ice-cream time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for posting about us, Nicole! You are beautiful and were a blast to work with!!

    ReplyDelete