Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Month 2

Now that you are all caught up on June...
Let's start on July!  And I can think of no better way to start than by celebrating our 2nd Anniversary.


I can't believe it's been 2 years.  It truly went by fast.  We've been through a lot in 2 years, and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

I love this man
We decided to go on our trip to Saint Louis over the long 4th of July weekend.  We had a lot of fun.  St. Louis has a 3 day festival under the arch with airshows, concerts, and fireworks.  All free.  The first day we checked in, which took way too long.  The hotel was horrible.  I won't go into it, but I highly recommend NOT staying at the Millennium Hotel.  We then wondered down to the festival and checked out the Steve Miller Band concert.  I must say, there are highly underrated.


We missed out on fireworks because Dan was only 2 weeks out of knee surgery.  So, we ended up spending a lot of time in the hotel room resting Dan's knee.  I could think of worse ways to spend our anniversary though. :)


Sunday we headed out on St. Louis's wonderful public transportation and headed to the zoo.  We had so much fun.  We walked around for hours.  Then we headed to the Science Center and Planetarium.  Nothing like a couple of science geeks playing with all the kids toys.  The best part, it was all free (besides that bus/train rides).  Yup.  We will be going back.


Monday we checked out, but then headed down to the Budweiser Brewery for a free tour.  Again, we had a great time.  We got to see the Clydesdales, and everything from the brewery to the packaging plant.  At the end, they have a taste bar.

Tour Bus
Beautiful!  The horses and pup.

We wanted to stay for the beer school, but we needed to head home to get the dogs and so Dan could meet his new nephew.


You don't think I'd forget about our new family member do you?!?  Meet baby H!  He looks just like my brother and is just as sweet as can be.  I forget how small newborns are.


1 comment:

  1. Umm... Steve Miller Band is my favorite! -Carol

    ReplyDelete