Saturday, August 27, 2011

Vermont and Boston

We had such a great time in St. Louis, and I was really happy and sad to come home.  I was glad to sleep in my own bed, but less than a week after coming home, I was off to a work conference in Vermont.

Unfortunately Dan didn't have the vacation days to come out with me, and this was one of my first trips traveling alone since meeting Dan.  I wasn't very excited at all.  A 6 day work conference with 8 hours of speakers, a dorm room with no A/C and cafeteria food.  To say I was hesitant to go would be a HUGE understatement.

Vermont Academy Campus
Plus a whole week without Dan, the pups, and Buggs!


But, I packed up my bag with extra cute clothes, shoes, and as many luxuries (soft towels, ipod, kindle, ect) as I could think of, and headed out to fly to DC and onto Boston.

I was excited to see Boston.  As a sports fan, beach girl, and lover of architecture, I was pumped to visit. 

Administrators Office - AKA the Gingerbread House
After meeting up with my traveling companion, P, we headed out on the 2 1/2 hr car ride from Boston into Vermont.  It was a very pretty drive and P got to tell me about life living in Finland, Boston, and Cali.

My tiny dorm room
The dorm was a little better than I expected.  I didn't have a roommate.  The bathroom was horrible and the shower was just big enough for me to fit into.  At least there was warm water.  Unfortunately, there was very little cell phone coverage.  It did bring back memories from college, which was fun.

Good ol' college days pre-responsibilities
The conference it self was great.  It reminded me of what academia life is like.  I had been toying with the idea of getting my P.h.D. and I remembered why I didn't want to.  I met a lot of interesting people all the way from Greece, Germany, England, and from all over the US.

My dorm building

So, besides my boredom, it was a good time.

The Garden where my Celtics play!
We left early on Friday so we could spend a couple of hours in Boston before flying home.  I was in heaven!  I had the best hot lobster roll, got to see the Garden, and even walked through a Farmers Market.  I even found a small bakery and had a fantastic cupcake while waiting for my plane.

Drool...
We will definitely be vising Boston again and I have put it on my list of places I'd like to live.

DT Boston

No comments:

Post a Comment