Monday, August 1, 2011

Have we met?

I’m sorry, you may not know me, but I’m not the same person you knew before.  You remember.  That girl who was frustrated because only running 2 times a week wasn’t giving her results fast enough.  That girl who barely could run 2 miles, but had dreams of running a 5k with obstacles in 45 minutes.

Well, that girl has gone into hiding.  Hello.  My name is Nicole and I’m a runner.  Sometime in the past month I came out of hiding.  Here was my last week:

Monday – Ran 1.5 miles and cooled down with some yoga.
Tuesday – Ran 2 miles at a 9.57” min pace (Personal Best) and cooled down with some yoga.
Wednesday – Ran 3 miles in 31 minutes (Personal Best).
Thursday – Rest
Friday – Rest.  Stupid thunderstorm.
Saturday – Almost died running a 5k track at 4pm in the hot sun
Sunday  - Sprinted hills with the dogs for 20 minutes followed by this workout once.

Blame it on the upcoming Warrior Dash, or that Dan is officially gone for over 12 hrs Monday thru Friday, or on reading these blogs:
Or my OB/GYN telling me I need to watch my weight (I'm not joking). Or it could be that I finally asked myself, Which have you had regrets about: working out or not working out? 

Well, whatever it is, I’m just glad it got me out of hiding and back into the gym.  Speaking of which, I have a row machine and treadmill calling my name…

No comments:

Post a Comment