Monday, April 18, 2011

I want to be..

A Runner.  More than anything.  I want to run races and to be excited for summer to start so I can start race season.  I want to be involved in the running community.



But, I struggle with finding motivation.  I read blogs, I have a playlist, I have the right clothes, the right shoes, I eat the right things.  I warm up, get the dog ready, and off I go.


And it never fails that at the end of my run, I feel defeated.  I don't get the time I want, I don't go the distance I wanted, and that is when I even make it out for a run.

Maybe I have high expectations for myself.  I know I've made progress.  Just 4 years ago I couldn't run for 10 minutes.  I did the couch to 5k program and progressed so slowly.  I did get up to running a mile just last year.  I've ran a 5k around my neighborhood.  I've ran 800's.  I've ran for an hour straight.  But, I want to be able to go out, for 30 minutes and run consistantly and have gone 3 miles.

One day.  I will not give up.  Instead, I'll find a new blog to read for motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment