Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sun and Ice-cream

I don’t know about you, but I had a fantastic weekend, as always.  Hubby and I always seem to have such a great time together, and with his work schedule, we’ve really started to make every free day together extra special.

Friday night, as I mentioned previously, my good friend Windi and her bf, Joe came over with their 2 dogs.  They have a handsome chocolate lab named Radley and an adorable Heinz 57 little lady named Daisy or Dee Dee.  We watched Dee Dee before, and she and Penny became great friends, chasing each other all over the house.  I was really excited for Daisy to meet Radley, because they have similar personalities.  So, not only did Windi and Joe bring me a new wardrobe (seriously I’m still trying to fit everything in my closet), but they brought Daisy a new best friend.

Daisy and Radley got along famously after a little adjustment period.  They tried to wrestle, but Penny doesn’t like anyone wrestling with Daisy.  It got so bad I had to put her in her kennel to calm down.  She just loves her sister so much.

After the clothing exchange, we headed up to the south side to meet Dan for dinner at this tiny BBQ joint.  The food was pretty good, but, I don’t eat much BBQ, so I can only compare it my momma’s.  They had a live band, and they were pretty good.  The other patrons were hilarious.  Afterwards, we went back to Windi and Joe’s to hang out for a while.  It was a perfect end to the work week.

Saturday was a busy day.  I started sorting and washing clothes (6 loads total when all was said and done), while Dan headed off to the gym.  Both dogs went into our bed to take a nap.  I guess they were still worn out from playing with Dee Dee and Radley.  After Dan got home, he laid seed down in the back yard, and off we went to NC.

My awesome sister-in law and I at my wedding
Dan’s sister turned 13, and she had a sleep over.  It’s been a while since I was 13, but it was fun to remember all the important things to a 13 year old.  First off, boys.  Phone calls, texts, 3-way phone calls.  Next, clothes, hair, nail polish, and talking about the upcoming Dance.  Who is going with whom, who is wearing what, and who is getting a spray tan.  Now, I didn’t go to dances when I was 13, and I definitely did not get a spray tan until…oh my trip to Cali in college.  So, some of this was new territory for me.

And, no 13 year old slumber party is complete without a little truth or dare, followed by pizza, tee-shirt decorating and a scavenger hunt in the grave yard.  Oh, and let’s not forget the sex talk in the middle.  That was fun…

Sunday, we had no plans!  Oh, it was so nice, to relax with the husband plus it was 85 degrees and sunny!  A perfect day.  I took the dogs for a nice long walk to the field, and then to the creek to work on Penny’s fear of the water.  I got her to put her paws in, only after I walked in the creek.  It was FREEZING, so we didn’t get any further than that.  Then we headed down to the pond so Daisy could get some real swimming in.  We got home in time to help Dan take the top off the Jeep.

It was a perfect day for a ride in the Jeep with the top off.  Dan and I both got a little sunburn, plus we got some ice-cream.  Yes, full fat, full sugar ice-cream.  Yum…Perfect Sunday. 


We even got lucky enough to catch our neighbors out with their dog, Mickie.  Daisy’s first boyfriend.  Penny again wouldn’t let Mickie wrestle with Daisy, but they had a lot of fun chasing each other.  By Sunday night, I think the dogs were ready for us go to back to work so they could get some sleep.  I could’ve used another day off, but at least I’m off work Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment