Friday, April 1, 2011

Weigh In = Cheat Day

Today Dan is cutting weight for his jiu-jitsu tournament tomorrow morning.  This will be his first time competing in almost 2 years.  I have to admit, the 2 years went by fast.  Before his last fight, we were traveling all the time for weekend seminars, training sessions, and competitions.  I’m going to try and video some of his matches, but I’m not great with the video on my camera, so hopefully it will turn out ok.

Unfortunately, Dan needs to cut 6lbs for his weigh in.  He can either weigh in tonight by 9, or tomorrow morning.  It’d be best if he weighed in tonight so he has time to rehydrate and rest.  Earlier this week he was at 191and he needs to be at 185.  So far, he’ll be ready to weigh in tonight which means…

I get to make pasta!  I’m so excited.  We are going to have chicken parmesan with spaghetti, garlic bread, and caeser salad.  And we are talking the Texas Toast garlic and cheese bread.  Yum!  So, after a quick stop at the grocery store, I’ll be going for a run, if the rain holds out.  Nothing gives me more motivation for a good run than getting to eat pasta afterwards.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment