Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spa Party – BeautiControl

This weekend I hosted a Spa Party for my friend Kilyssa. She has very recently decided to become a BeautiControl Consultant and this was her first party on her own. I had never heard of BeautiControl, but I enjoy being pampered and I enjoy having people over, so why not?? Plus, for hosting I got a free aromatherapy neck wrap. I’ve already used it twice since the party!

There were about 8 of us total, and we had a lot of fun. Kilyssa did an excellent job. We started the party by taking off our shoes, and giving our feet some love. Life is good when your feet are happy. I learned this at an early age from my mom, but I rarely make time to really spoil my feet. Kilyssa had us apply moisturizer to our feet. I used Herbal aromatherapy foot crème which smelled fantastic. I’m a believer in aromatherapy so I always go for those product lines when available. Next, we wrapped our feet in plastic bags (to hold in the moister), and she had warm socks for us. Talk about your troubles melting away. Warm socks are the next best thing to a foot massage.

Then we moved on to our hands. We washed our hands with Manicure spa instant manicure which has Dead Sea salts which exfoliate your skin followed with Spa Manicure Extreme Repair Hand Crème. With my job I am constantly washing my hands with BacDown. This is a harsh cleanser which removes biohazard materials so you don’t take them home to your family. As a result, my hands are constantly dry and pealing, so I apply hand cream religiously. I always have some in my purse and at work. Still, my hands are always dry and cracked at my knuckles. I’ve tried Dead Sea salts before, but within a couple of days, my hands are back to their usual dryness. I even have Mary Kay’s Satin Hands, but it usually works for a day. So, I was curious to see if BeautiControl’s lotion and hand salts would be more effective. Who doesn’t want soft hands?

Now, I enjoy a manicure and pedicure as much as the next gal, but when it comes to taking care of my face, if it’s beyond washing and applying moisturizer, I’m lost. I’ve never been one who had the time or money to splurge on facials. Plus there are so many products out there, how do you know what you need and what’s just overkill??
BeautiControl makes this easy for you. They have a skin assessment which tells you which line is best for you. For our party we used the 30’s line. My skin needs the 20’s line which I ended up getting (40% off because I hosted!)

Well, Kilyssa started us off with a busy woman’s facial. It includes a green tea mask, facial scrub, and foaming cleanser all together. This smelled fantastic and was slightly warming. Next, we used toner to help relax the skin and clean spots.

Afterwards, we dove into the more drastic treatments. We did a chemical peal to take off the dead, cracked skin, followed by microdermabrasion with buffer. I wasn’t a big fan of the chemical peel, but the microdermabrasion was fantastic. The little buffer is really soft and it feels like a face massage. To help lift our face, we used TTF. This is like Botox without the needles. I did this to one side of my face, and I could see a difference, especially around my eye.

Last step was moisturizer and sunscreen (spf 20). I really really like the moisturizer. It’s not greasy and doesn’t interfere with your foundation. I don’t like that the sunscreen is separate from the moisturizer, but I understand it’s because you don’t need spf when you are sleeping.

Now onto lips! First we used Lip Apeel to take off the dead skin, followed by the Lip Balm. I have healthy lips that only get cracked when I’m sick, so I couldn’t tell how effective this was, but it wasn’t as gross as the Mary Kay Stain Lips.

To end the evening, we relaxed on the couch, placed Eye Pads over our eyes, and warm wash clothes with a little Bath Soak on them to relax. I must admit, this is up there with the warm socks. It smelled like peppermint and was heavenly.

At the end of the afternoon, everyone was relaxed, we got to catch up a little, and be pampered! What a great way to spend a Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Nicole for including this in your blog. I'm glad you had a great time. I want to share this with everyone..I think it could really get my business off and running. You are sweet. Have a great week. And keep blogging..I've enjoyed reading thus far.

    ReplyDelete