Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fitness Tests

I have been inspired by my friend Katie do a 100 push up challenge and a modified 200 sit up challenge.  I'm modifying the sit up challenge because sit ups aren't good for your lumbar region of your back, and I have enough back problems as it is.  So, I will be doing front and side planks, holding for 10sec for 3 sets, 15sec, ect.  The challenges last 6 weeks.

I did my initial test for the push ups, and I got 14 traditional push ups!  For week one here are my three days:

Day 1 - 6 sets resting 60 secs: 10, 12, 7, 7, and max
Day 2 - 6 sets resting 90 secs:10, 12, 8, 8, and max
Day 3 - 6 sets resting 120 secs: 11, 15, 9, 9, and max.

This is a quick and easy thing I can do before or after work and feel like I've actually done something on the days I don't make it to the gym, or in addition to.

You should join me on theses!   It will just take you 15min 3 days a week, and by the end your arms and abs will be in great shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment