Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday!!

Yesterday, Dan got his first paycheck!  We are officially a dual income family again.  And!  We are going on a date tonight to celebrate.  I am so excited to re-introduce date nights into our schedule.  I wish we had time for weekly date nights, but my goal is twice a month.  Don't have date nights?  Read this article.

Yet another reason why I'm so excited for date night, is because we are again on a very low carb diet.  We splurged for the holidays, so now we are cutting back.  But, tonight is our cheat night!  Having a planned cheat night has definitely kept me accountable for our diet, and has given me an added bonus to our date.  Do you schedule cheat days??

Today is also, my last day for my Push up challenge for this week.  So far, its going ok.  The first day was hard, but I made it through.  Wednesday, I didn't read the workout and only rested for 60sec and not 90, so by the end of it I was thinking this was a bad idea.  Once Dan pointed out my error, I was again excited for Day 3 today.  2 minutes rest here I come!  Dan decided that he was going to do the challenge with me, but his initial test he got 75, which put him at week 6. He was very surprised that he got so many, and he's certain he can get 100 in no time.

Its been 2 weeks since Dan and I have both been working, and we seem to be adjusting to the new schedule pretty well.  Dan is getting up with me in the morning, which is really nice.  Plus, we go to bed around the same time, which means we get our "pillow talk" time back.  Daisy is doing fine being in her room while we are both gone, but Penny is needing a lot more play time being cooped up in her kennel all day. 
I've taken on a little more of the cleaning through the week, but with the dogs up during the day, and both of us being gone, things are staying cleaner.  We definitely have less dishes.  Plus, I can get some alone time during the week to work on some of my projects.  I'm slowly going down my cleaning list, including dusting chandeliers, washing walls, and organizing closets.

Dan seems to be enjoying his job.  He's a little tired of training, which I don't blame him.  Training is so boring and tedious, especially when you have experience in that job previously.  He really likes the company, and I think he's enjoying being out of the house, doing his own thing, being productive to society. 

So far, this year is turning out great.  I just wish the weekends would slow down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment