Monday, January 24, 2011

Spare Time

Now that Dan is working, I’ve been able to spend more time (and money) on some of my hobbies. I’ve really started to look forward to life outside of work, now that there is minimal stress.

Last week I ended week 2 of my 100 pushups challenge, so today I take my 2nd exhaustion test. I’m really excited for it. My goal is to get at least 25, and I’m hoping for 30. That would be over double my 1st exhaustion test, just 2 weeks ago. This has been harder than I thought, but I get excited to see the progress I’m making every day. For my front and side planks, I’m up to holding for 20 seconds. Wednesday I’ll be up to 25. These aren’t as fun and tend to get boring, but I’m sure once bathing suit season comes around, I’ll be happy I did them. Today Dan has his exhaustion test too, and he should be able to get 100. We decided our next challenge will be to do pull-ups. My goal is 20 and Dan’s is 30. The pull-ups will be a lot harder, and will have slower progress, but come Spring time, we will have both made significant improvements.

I’m very excited to report that on Saturday, I was able to run 2.5 miles in 27min and I felt fantastic. I was a little sore yesterday and this morning, but nothing too bad. I really went in without any expectations, and since I did so well, I’m looking forward to Saturday to see if I can increase my speed. I really need to get some new running shoes, though. My feet and knees are starting to hurt, and it’s been a year and a half. But, it helps to have some girl friends who want to run a 5k this spring to keep me motivated.

I’ve also found some time to work on some craft projects. I’m getting a good start on my Vacation scrapbook. I have a lot of catching up to do. I’ve also found some cute ideas for some art work for around the house. I’ve started on part of it, but I’m nervous to start on the 2nd part. Hopefully I’ll have a good portion of it finished next week and I can share some more details.

I have to say, we had a little scare at our house last week. Dan started his modified Velocity diet (extremely low carb) to shed some of the holiday pounds. He had some terrible side effects that brought back memories of his pre-diagnosis days. Everything turned out fine, and now that he’s eating more carbs, his symptoms are gone. Dan just found one more thing he can’t do post-surgery. I am glad that we have an Oncologist that Dan is comfortable enough with to ask anything that pops into his head. He responds quickly and doesn’t mind the questions.

In other news, Dan is officially done with his 1:1 training at work. He has orientation today and tomorrow which means he’ll be home around the time I get home. It will be nice to have a couple extra hours with him in the evening today and tomorrow. And starting Wednesday, he will be on his own. I know he’s really looking forward to it.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment