Monday, January 31, 2011

One Down

I can't believe tomorrow is February.  We are one month closer to spring!  I cannot wait until March.  The weather will be warmer, which means I can take the dogs outside for walks/runs.  I'm really looking forward to getting the dogs out of the house for a while.  I want to take them to the pond so Daisy can teach Penny how to swim.  I cannot wait to get my bonus and I am going to pay off my car!  It'll be like I got a pay raise.  At the end of Feb. I'll find out what my real raise will be.  Hopefully it's more than the 1% last year.  This spring we will get our backyard seeded, which means we'll have a grassy yard this summer.  That is going to be soo nice. 
March is when we will get to plan for our vacations and possibly a fence for the backyard.  I also cannot wait to see my flowers bloom this year.  I did a lot of planting last year, and I want to see the finished product.  I know I'll have to move some things around, and I still have a lot more I want to do, but I want to see where I am now.  March we get to buy our Bonnarroo 2011 tickets too!  I am so excited.  It's going to be so much more fun this year, now that Dan is healthy.  Here's hoping it is a little cooler this year and it doesn't rain!  Is anyone else planning on going?

Part of me is really glad that winter is almost over, but part of me keeps saying, "Slow down, enjoy today."  I have a really bad habit of looking ahead too much.   So, yesterday, Dan and I went on a date.  We got all dressed up, and went to Stone Creek Dining Company.  It was a really neat restuarant (design wise), and the food was really good.  It was a little expensive ($25/meal), but a nice place to go for birthday/anniversary/ect.  Afterwards, we rented a couple of movies, put the dogs up, and just relaxed together.  We don't put the dogs up too much, so there is always something distracting us.  Either, the dogs need to go out, want to play, are chasing the cats, or the cats are getting into something....it goes on and on.  We are going to start making time for us sans pets at home more often.  We have decided that we are going to give Sierra away within the next month.  We just can't have 4 pets.  So, if you know anyone who wants a really good indoor cat, who requires minimal work, let me know.  She's great with kids, and would do best in a home with no dogs, but she tolerates them pretty well.

I must admit, it's really nice to have the option to be able to go out with Dan, now that he's getting an paycheck.  We don't do too much during the week because he gets home around 8:30, but I just feel more relaxed knowing that we have that option.  Just being that much less stressed, has really helped me spend more time for me.  I had to work this weekend, and I got really upset about it.  I didn't have much work to do, but I really felt like work is intruding on my personal life.  I don't have to work a weekend again until March, which is nice, but it was almost easier to go in on the weekends when it was every 3 weeks.

In other news, the local weather reporters are going crazy talking about this upcoming snow/ice storm that is supposed to hit tonight.  They are saying we maybe lose power for a couple of days, because the lines will be iced over.  I'm really hoping we get some ice so I can work from home, but I really don't want to be without power in this cold.  I really don't do well with the cold, and I don't want to relive the Great Muncie Ice-Storm of my undergrad.  Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment