Thursday, February 3, 2011

Travel Plans

Well, the ice-storm ended up being pretty bad after all.  Dan and I were stuck inside for 2 days.    Monday night I cooked the majority of meat in my fridge (to prevent it from spoiling in case the power went out), scoured the house for candles, did a few loads of laundry (so we wouldn't be stuck with only dirty clothes), stocked up on firewood, and dug out our flashlight.  Thankfully, we didn't lose power.  I always feel like if I prepare for it, it won't happen.  At least I was able to work from home for part of the 2 days.  I really didn't get much work done with Dan and the dogs around.  We need to get the 2nd computer working so we aren't fighting for entertainment from the laptop.

It was nice to have an extra weekend stuck in the middle of our week.  We spent a lot of time talking about travel plans.  We have decided that in the Spring of 2012, we are going to Europe!  I am so excited.  We haven't decided on what countries/cities, but we are opening a separate savings account for it.  We have also decided come Fall of 2013, we are going to Rio to celebrate both of us turning 30.  So, if anyone wants to plan on going with us, it would be a lot more fun to be lost with other people we know.  :)

As far as traveling for this year, we are going to Wyoming with Dan's family.  We are excited to visit Yellowstone and Devil's Tower.  A fun tidbit, Devil's Tower was the first national monument by Teddy Roosevelt.  Dan has already decided that we are going to make it to the top, even if he has to carry me on his back.  I'm pretty sure you have to rock climb to the top, so we are going to be looking into rock climbing classes here before too long.  The sad news is I think we are going to drive.  It will be a 2 day trip just to drive out.  But, hopefully we'll see some Bald Eagles, and a bear or two on the trip.

We also are looking into our trip to Gatlinburg.  I think we are going to shoot for Memorial day weekend if the cabin is open.  I'm really looking forward to that trip.  Hopefully we truly will have an early spring, and the trees and flowers will be in bloom.

Lastly, we are hoping to make it out to Seattle this year.  With our trip to Europe, we will have to see how our budget is going.  It may be a shorter trip then we originally planned, but I am really looking forward to that trip.

Its going to be a fun couple of years traveling throughout the world.  I am so excited to see different culture, and historical places.  Time to look into taking a couple foreign language classes!

Stay warm out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment