Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lazy Sunday

Yesterday was a fantastic day.  Not only did we get a great workout in with the dogs, but both Dan and I were able to see our family.  Mom, Dad, Rebekah, Eric, and Andrew came up for the day.  Eric had a wrestling meet for his kids, so the rest of us met up for dinner downtown at Bucca di Beppo's.  I am always a little disappointed when I eat there now that they were bought out.  Its still fantastic food, but it lacks some of the spice and originality, and the prices have doubled.  It was still great to eat dinner with the fam, plus some really good ravioli and chicken parm.

Dan went to NC to visit with his family and to take his brother to see True Grit.   He said the movie was really good, but I'm just not a Western person, so I'm glad he was able to see it with his brother.  Plus, they got in some really good teenager/big brother life lesson talks.

After dinner, the fun didn't stop.  Last night, we had a special Girl's Night for my very good friend Megan.  She is pregnant and due hopefully any day, so we through her a little "Sprinkle."  My cake pops turned out fabulous, and we had a great time opening presents, having a little wine and catching up.  I always leave in a great mood, and its always too short.  The next Girl's Night my mom is going to come up and give us a cooking lesson.  No one has given any ideas yet, but it is going to be yummy.  Plus, my mom will be there, so it will be Girl's Night with family.

Today we have no plans other than try to tackle the mess that is our house and the mountain of laundry that has built up this week.  This morning Dan said, "You know we've had a good weekend by the amount of dishes that are in our sink."  I guess I should get some cleaning done.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment