Monday, February 28, 2011

Too Much Fun

I have to say, this weekend started out pretty terrible.


Friday morning I woke up with a jolt at 6am (which is waaayyy before I get up) due to left eye pain.  At first I thought I was finally getting sick with that horrible virus that has been going around, so I took some meds and went back to sleep.  I thought about getting up, but if I was sick, I'd just have to call in.  So, I wanted to see if I'd get worse.  The eye pain got worse, but it wasn't sinus pain.  It was surface pain.  I think Dan smacked my eye in the middle of the night in his sleep.  There was no bruise, but it took 2 days to heal, and there was a little swelling.  Needless to say, I was in a bad mood Friday night.  It hurt to chew, talk, blink, anything that involved in left eye.

Saturday morning, I woke up, and still had pain.  I was so frustrated.  Plus, I had to work this weekend.  Sucks.  Plus, as I'm walking out the door, Dan cancels going to the hash.  I was not happy.  So, I went to work, came home, and cleaned.  Whenever I get frustrated, I either clean, or I cook.  Saturday, I cleaned for 4 hours.  I cleaned floors, dusted, cleaned air vents, washed walls, cleaned bathrooms, started laundry, and even shampooed Daisy's room.  I was so exhausted when  I finished.  All I wanted was to relax and take a hot bath.

Just as I was getting the motivation to walk back upstairs, Dan came home from his meeting with a bottle of wine and potted calla lillies.  What a good man.  Immediately I felt better.  Not only did he apoligize and promised to take me and the dogs to Brown County Saturday, but he remembered that calla lillies were my flowers when we got married.  And, they are potted, which means I get to try my hand at keeping yet a 5th house plant alive.  So far, the 3 from the hospital stay are still going strong, as well as my Aloe plant from Megan.

After a nice relaxing hot bath, we both were ready to restart the weekend.  We headed out to BW's in Broadripple for dinner and the UFC with Clint.  We were able to spend about an hour together before Clint came, which helped refocus the weekend.  We had a great time hanging out with Clint, having a couple drinks, and enjoying the fights.  Afterwards, Dan and I went home to watch some tv, and we ended up staying up past 3am!  We haven't done that since Dan worked evenings!

Sunday we woke up early so we could catch the noon Pacers game with my good friend Angela and her husband Basili.  Running on little sleep, I started to feel like I was in college again.  We had a great time watching the Pacers vs. Suns.  Unfortunately the Pacers lost in overtime.  We then headed over to Scotty's for "linner" full of great conversation and good food.  We just made it before the game crowd.  Dan and I tried to grab me a Pacers shirt before we went back home, but the shop had closed.  So, we spent the rest of the night playing with the dogs, watching bad movies, and the Oscars.

No comments:

Post a Comment