Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fitness Challenge

I don't  know if it's because of the cold weather, or if I'm just being lazy, but I have fallen off the 100 push ups challenge.  I am a very single minded person.  I really like the timing of Day 1 on Monday, Day 2 on Wednesday and Day 3 on Friday, but with the fitness test at the end of week 2, I am no longer on my schedule.  So, my goal is to start week 4, following column 2 instead of 3, on Monday.  I can't give up now, I'm half way done!

Dan and I have decided that this year we are going to do the Ohio Warrior Dash.  We first heard about this last summer, but it was too soon for me to get ready for it.  This year, I really want to give it a try.  It looks like fun.  So, Dan and I are going to train by running hiking trails in Brown County.  The warrior dash is 3 miles with several obstacles, so hopefully running up stairs and jumping over downed trees will make the obstacles a little easier.  I still want to finish the push ups challenge so I can start on the pull up challenge.  There is a wall climb for one of the obstacles and I really don't think I can climb over in my current fitness state.  

So, starting this week, I am going to get back into gear.  Today I took Penny for a quick run around the block, and ended with 40 pushups.  Saturday, Dan and I will be heading down to Brown County, and next week I'll start week 4 of the push ups challenge.

How are you coming with your new year workout resolutions?  If you've forgotten, given up, or have been distracted by left over Valentine's treats, its not too late to jump on board.  Get moving this week with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment