Saturday, February 19, 2011

Brown County Trail

This morning, Dan and I headed down to Brown County with the dogs after breakfast.  We did trail 8, and it took us about 1hr and 15 min.  It was the perfect day for a run.  The sun was out and it was around 50 degrees.  The ground was a little wet from all the snow/ice melt, but it felt good on our knees and hips.


I very quickly went into denial about the difficulty of the trail, when after the first 5 min we came across a very steep hill that we had to go up.  I made it about half way running.  I convinced myself that was going to be the hardest part, but I was wrong. :) There were several points where we lost the trail and it felt like we were hashing looking for any signs of the trail continuing.  There were several trees to weave through and jump over and about half way through the trail we came to a mountain of stairs.  I thought I was going to die, but we both made it up!  After one very frustrating moment of being lost, we found the trail, and made it back to the trail head.  Daisy and Penny did really well.  Penny kept wanting to run around the other side of the trees, so we were slowed by tied up dogs several times, but by the end she learned to not put the trees between us.  Daisy didn't get tired one bit until the last couple minutes.  The trail ended going up hill, and she decided she was done.  Dan had to coach her, but we all made it.  We all had a great time, and we can't wait to go back.  This next Saturday there is a hash, and I think we'll be able to take both dogs, which will be a lot of fun.  It will be Penny's first and Dan will get named.  Is anyone else going??

I was afraid that I was slowing everyone down, but based on how lazy the dogs are, I think we all got a good workout in.

No comments:

Post a Comment