Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy Weekend!

I don't know about you, but this past week has been really hard on me.  I've found myself very frustrated and annoyed several times, letting work interfere with my personal life.  The straw that broke me?  Having to work this weekend, yet again.  I hate working weekends, because the next week, I am in a bad mood.  All weekend I have to think about when is the best time for me to go into work.  How can I fit it in my schedule.  Which usually means I have to get up and out of the house before noon.  This does not make for a good weekend for me.

So, to counter act this negative mood I've been in, here are some good things that happened this week:
I finally paid off my car 7 months early!  I haven't decided on how to celebrate this yet.

Speaking of cars, Dan has decided that he wants a "new" car.  He's looking for a used Jeep Wrangler.  His car is now worth more than he owes, so he wants to trade it in, or sell it, and take out a loan with a lower payment, and pay the same amount each month to pay it off early.  The goal is by next year to pay off my credit card and his car.  Our reward?  Europe Trip!!

Thursday was St. Patty's Day and our 5 year anniversary from when Dan and I officially became a couple.  It's so fun to get excited for St. Patty's Day and have everyone else around you excited for you too.  I know it's for a different reason, but it's still fun to think everyone is excited for us.

Thursday was also the start of the Men's NCAA basketball tournament.  Dan and I are having a bracket challenge. I'm looking forward to Duke winning it all...again.  :)

My Pap smear came back clear.  I'm sure you all want to know this, but with my mom's history of uterine cancer and my Aunt's history of cervical cancer, we always get a little nervous.  I've had to have biopsies twice, and they have sucked, so I'm glad I don't have to have another one.

The best news??  It is the weekend.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment