Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend of Olivias

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.  Ours was tiring, but a lot of fun.

Friday night Dan and I went out to O'Charlie's for dinner.  It was really nice to go out on a date and sit and eat with no distractions.  We actually ordered the same thing (their grilled salmon).  I hate doing that because it makes me think I should have cooked.  But, we ordered a couple of drinks, ate some yummie rolls, and had no dishes!

Saturday morning, I spent the day working on a partially assembled scrapbook for my friend Megan.  She had her baby on the 4th, so I wanted to get something special for all of the new pictures she'd have.  Dan tried to go to open gym at his jiu-jitsu place, but no one showed up.  So, we ended up taking the dogs back down to Brown County.  It was 60 degrees and sunny with a cool breeze, and the ground was still soft from all of the rain.  It was a perfect day for a run.  We ran trail 8 again, but this time we headed to the left to avoid going up the stairs, and we ended up losing the trail and only taking the short way around.  I'd say we went 1.5 miles, but until I get my Forerunner, I won't know for sure.  What I do know, is that my left hip was KILLING me by the time we got home.  I mean, I was limping a bit.  But, after some rest, it started to feel better.

That afternoon, we pulled some freezers out and headed up to meet Baby Olivia.  She is sooo precious.  She just had her newborn shoot and MLP was able to photograph her delivery.  She's already a star.  She slept the whole time we were there, but it's always good to get some baby cuddles.  By the time we got home, and I had made dinner, my hip was hurting so bad I was limping, so Dan and I stayed in and rested. 

Sunday morning, Dan took a look at my back and hips, and I am severely out of alignment.  I put my heel lift back in and immediately my hip pain was gone.  I'm hoping the heel lift will straighten things out after a couple of weeks so I don't have to try and find a chiropractor.

Sunday afternoon we headed to Greenfield for another one of our friend's daughter, Olivia.  She turned 1!  It was really neat to compare a week old and a one year old who both share a beautiful name.  I cannot believe how much changes in such a short time.  Olivia is running, with only an occasional fall, and loves to play and love.  Such a sweetie, and I'm glad she had such a good party.

It wasn't a super busy weekend for us, but we both were exhausted Sunday night, and enjoyed just lounging around together.  I'm actually looking forward to Dan being home any minute to enjoy some more laying around.  I'm still sore from Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment