Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Success!!

For the first time EVER I was able to reach my toes in the sit and reach test!!!  Because of my back, I've never been able to reach my toes.  I can stand and touch the ground, but I had to work up to that too.  I am soo excited!  I never felt flexible because of this one stupid test.  And, finally, I can touch my toes.  I'm looking forward to being able to grab my feet now.

In other fitness news, I did go for a run today after work and it was beautiful!  I only went 2 miles before a neighbors dog got loose and tried to attack Penny, so we went home, both of us unscathed.  But, it was sunny and 60 degrees, so it was a wonderful day for it.  I feel soo much better and am looking forward to my salt bubble bath to help prevent the soreness that is sure to follow.

My last fitness related news is, yesterday I did an exhaustion push ups test doing alternative (or girl) push ups and I did 60 good technique push ups.  If you remember, I started doing the 100 push ups challenge, but it got really difficult and I had a hard time keeping my form after 40 push ups.  So, I quit.  I can make excuses, but I stopped working on them.  But, with signing up for the Indiana Warrior Dash, I have to get back on it.  So, I'm going to work on my alternative push ups, and then work on my traditional push ups as well as my pull ups.

My first blooming flowers!  Spring has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment