Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Relay for Dogs

I went for a run today using my Nike sensor again.  As I was getting ready to go, Daisy got really excited.  I asked her if she wanted to go running and she about tackled me.  I felt guilty because my last run, Penny went.  So I kenneled Penny (who whined as we left) and headed out with Daisy.


I set my iPod for 3k hoping to slowly get back into running 3 miles to avoid any knee injury, but after 2k, Daisy quit.  She just laid down and would not move.  Ugg.  I tried coaching, pulling, yelling, and finally gave up and headed back to the house.  This is after 2 poop and 2 pee stops.  I hate running with Daisy.

I was feeling really good and frustrated with Daisy, so I let Penny out of her kennel and put Daisy in and off we went again.  I finished just over 4k and Penny was itching for more.  I love running with Penny.  She looks so excited and really pulls me just gently to get me to speed up when I start to slow.  She also doesn't have to stop to go to the bathroom.

Not bad for a dog exchange and 4 potty breaks

Once we got home, I ended my workout with 4 sets of alternative push ups: 30-20-15-20.  I'm hoping once Dan gets longer chains and a smaller tube for the make shift pull up bar, I can start working on my pull ups as well.  I'm not real excited by my pace time, but next time I'll stick with just Penny and hopefully I'll have a better time.  At least I figured out the voice over feature and have a nice women telling me how far I've gone, counting down the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment