Wednesday, March 16, 2011

STRESS!!

I feel so stressed out today.  Do you ever get like this?  I’m ready to pull my hair out and it’s not even 11am.

It all started when I left home this morning.  I left 7 minutes early, which is saying a lot for me.  I hate mornings.  I even had an extra cup of coffee in hand to deal with this 7 min rush.  They are doing construction on the main road that goes by our neighborhood, and you can only turn left to get off of that road to avoid this traffic.  Well, this morning, that left turn was blocked due to an accident, so my leaving 7 minutes early was wasted because I sat in traffic for 30min to go 2 miles!  Construction workers need a class on how to be a traffic flagger. 

Source
So I am officially late for work, which isn’t a big deal because no one tracks when I come in or leave, as long as my work is done, but it still stresses me out.  I hate being late.  Unfortunately, I spent all of yesterday afternoon trying to finish up a project, waiting for information from other people, and had to finish it first thing this morning.  So, here I am, running late, rushing to try and finish this project, and people have already started piling work on my desk.  Then they come to my desk to try and talk science about a different project.  Thankfully, this time, it wasn’t my supervisor, because I might have lost it.

At this point, my mind actually shut off.  I have no idea what was said in that conversation, but I can guarantee you, it means more work for me, and at least one more meeting, if I’m lucky.

But, I have now become the messenger to tell the powers that be, what went on in that conversation this morning.  Blah.  So, after struggling through the science of a project I know little about, and have very little experience with, I am completely exhausted and stressed out.

Thankfully, the rest of my day is pretty easy going, and hopefully the skies continue to clear, and the weather warms up just a tad, so I can go for a run tonight and forget all about it.  And then, I am going to take a nice hot bubble bath, and hope the husband doesn’t mind having Naan pizzas for dinner, because that’s about all the effort I will have tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment