Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Personal Best

Dan is the best, and let me get an iPod Nano 6th ed. and a Nike+iPod.  Last night he helped me put together a workout mix and this morning he synced my iPod so I'd be all set this evening.

I didn't think much about it all day, but I promised Dan I would "run the crap" out of my new toys, and so as soon as I got home, I got ready for my run.  Once I had the dogs situated, and figured how to start the Nike+iPod sensor, the sky was looking pretty dark.  So, I started around my neighborhood, hoping to get one lap in before it rained, and hoping to get an accurate distance for this lap.

So, I stop after one lap due to the looming thunderstorm, and barely get inside before getting soaked.  A little ticked I couldn't continue, I checked my Nike+iPod.


A  personal best!  I've never ran a mile this fast before!  If I can maintain this pace, I'll get a 3k in under 29 minutes!  Motivated, I did 3 sets of 20 alternative push ups with 45sec rest before calling it quits.  I'm very proud of myself, and very excited to know that last year, I ran 3+ miles at once.  I can't wait to go out again, and see what my 5k time will be. I need to play with the Nike sensor so it will tell me when I've reached a mile.  But, it was so nice to have music while I ran.  I was able to stay motivated and apparently ran a little faster than I thought I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment