Saturday, March 12, 2011

Needy

I don't know why, but I have gotten into a spending frenzy.  Last week I got my new lounge clothes, which I really love.  I also ordered some spring/summer dresses when should be delivered today.  I'm looking forward to the warm weather so I can start wearing them.  Plus I splurged and got a ton of new items for my craft room (fantastic dollar sales!).  Now, I've decided that since Dan is working and I've lost my running partner/trainer/entertainment during running, I need to get some new toys.  Here is what I'm saving for:

New Shoes.  Mine are 2 years old and I'm about to run out of the top of them.  I'm trying to decide if I want to buy running shoes, or trail running shoes.  So, any input would be appreciated.  I have high arches and underpronate, so I have to really try them on to make sure they will be good for my feet.  Cost: $80-$150

iPod Nano 6th generation.  I like the idea of a touch screen because I loved it on my BB Storm.  Plus, the clip will be really handy without the arm band.  I just really need something to take my mind off every step and every mile.  Cost: $140

Forerunner 305 Sports Watch.  Has a GPS reciever and a heart rate moniter.  I can see how far I've ran without having to run the same stupid course every day, and I can moniter my heart rate to stay on track.  It tracks your pace so you can see where you need to improve.  Plus, I can change modes for when we go for a bike ride.  The added feature is the map sharing online, so I can find other routes to take.  Cost: $150.

So, I'll be slowly saving up for each of these fun things.  If I stay disaplined and don't splurge on too many shopping trips or lunches out, I should be able to gather these up quickly.  Now I understand what Dan talks about when he comes to me with the new and best thing he just HAS to have for training.  Some things, you just do need.

No comments:

Post a Comment