Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Morning Routine

I am not a morning person.  The worst part of my day is getting out of bed.  I would spend all day in bed if I could.  Oddly, I wish to be a morning person.  I would love it if I could jump out of bed, go for a run, watch the sun rise, make a fantastic breakfast, all before work.  I feel like I wouldn’t mind work so much.  I probably would still not want to leave the house, but at least I’d be in a good mood before work, rather than walking in right as my caffeine is finally waking me up.

That said, here is what my work mornings look like:

6:15 – Dan’s alarm goes off.  He jumps out of bed and heads down stairs to take care of the dogs and make coffee before surfing the web looking for his workout of the day.  I let out a groan and roll over, vaguely aware of my bed getting cold.

7:20 – My 1st alarm goes off.  I quickly turn it off and cuddle up next to which ever cat has decided to sleep on my stomach that day.  Back to dream land.

7:30 – My 2nd alarm goes off.  See above.

7:35 – I remember that I’m supposed to be awake and look at the clock and try to remember if I took a shower the night before or not.

7:40 – Finally force myself out of bed and start getting ready.

8:00 – Head down stairs, or start rushing if I’m running late.

8:01 – Say hi to the husband, both dogs, and the coffee machine.

8:02 – Start making my breakfast and putting my lunch together in hopes I have an extra 10 minutes to sit with the husband.

8:10 – Let the dogs out, check their food and water situation.


8:20 – Sit on the couch to rest.  I’m exhausted.

8:25 – Shoes on and out the door after saying goodbye to the pups and hubs.

8:45 – Coffee has finally started to hit, and I try to recall what my day is supposed to be like.

9:00 – Walking in the door to work, hoping for a little peace to sit at my desk.  Again, I’m exhausted.

9:20 – Finally ready to work.  At this point, I’m all smiles and hopeful of successful projects.

I’m not sure why I hate mornings so much.  I have a strict bedtime of 11pm.  Sometimes I stay up late until 11:15.  I don’t get up at night.  I sleep very comfortably and soundly most nights.  I’ve tried putting the alarm across the room, with signage not to go back to bed.  This was a fail, and Dan almost killed my alarm clock until he realized it was my phone.  I’ve tried bribes of chocolate or a special lunch if I get up.  Fail.  This doesn’t even get a second thought.

I just love sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment